Windscreen washer pump...dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen washer pump...dribble

Drove the car over to new house yesterday and tucked it up in its new home (a garage at last) but noticed that wipers were deathly slow and washer pump sent nothing but a feeble dribble to the front screen. Any chance these two are linked issues? Will dig into cause later but any pointers gratefully recieved!

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Anyone?
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My wipers have always been a bit lazy. I've assumed it's a poor earth somewhere. Check the hardline connections into the rubber junctions under the bonnet, they sometimes pop off, especially if you've tried the washers when the bonnet washer jets have frozen.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

cheers Steve, will have a poke about. I guess the wiper motor could be just tired and grease all waxy to slow them down or even the spindles have corroded inside the metal sleeves as happened on my audi A6. Just wasn't sure you could get it out without the front windscreen out
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...inkage-rebuild

I'm sure Alex can dig out the pictures again
          1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
          2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
          1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
          1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
          1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
          1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
          1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
          1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Is the alternator achieving full voltage? In the past I've become aware of my brushes wearing down by wipers which were going slowly. I think they draw a reasonable current and when the alternator is not on top form, the wipers seem to suffer...

Comment

Working...
            X