Rear screen heater fix needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear screen heater fix needed

Anyone know how to solder or glue the rear heated screen connector back on, checked why it hasn't been working and one of the connectors is missing completely, the wire is just hanging there on it's ownWas hoping it was a fuse but never so lucky

Think if there was any tail left on the window you would have to try and solder or crimp a new connector on.
    I have this old connector hanging on a broken window if any use to you to extend the wire?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Cheers for the offer bud but don't think it will help I just need to know how to connect what's left on mine back to the glass so I get a contact, I have something to use just don't know how to do it

Comment

Google for heated rear window repair kit. I don't know if these things would solve your problem but they are marketed as electrically conductive glue / paint which you brush on or apply through a pen. I've no experience of whether they work or not but I can't see soldering working too well and apply heat to the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          Cheers for the offer bud but don't think it will help I just need to know how to connect what's left on mine back to the glass so I get a contact, I have something to use just don't know how to do it
          No problem thought you had a cable tail left on the window and just missing connector?
          Conductive paint is good for a individual line that is broken but if it the main connection broken flush at the glass you might be struggling.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kitc...ive/B0002JMLMO
          Last edited by sjw185; 25 November 2018, 21:00.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Highly-Co...72.m2749.l2649
            Gonna give this a try at the weekend fingers crossed

Comment

Waste of money didn't work at all soon as I touched the tag it fell off, good news is the mechanic at work offered to solder it as long as I accepted the risk of the screen cracking so happy days all working again

Comment

Working...
              X