IR remote keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR remote keys

Last summer my wife accidentally left the IR key outside for a weekend. It had been raining and of course the remote locking doesn't work anymore. Otherwise works fine, but the remote locking is quite nice. Kinda forgot about it, until today I went to the dealers to ask if the IR keys would be available. Of course the are NLA. Is there any possibility to get a new working IR key?

Buy a used key and swap the pcb inside?
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

But how to make the new pcb compatible with immobilizer and the IR remote locking?

Comment

Immo chip is a small glass capsule and you can remove it from the old key.
        Adding new remote to the central locking needs 2 keys.
        Last edited by M2ki; 21 December 2018, 14:54.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

I remember seeing some pics of the glass capsule, now I know what it is!

If I manage to find a used IR remote key, can I just add it using the instructions found here? Or do I have to make it a blank somehow before adding it? Has anyone done this before?

Comment

You can't do anything to the key. The key is just a dumb code generator.
            Instructions for pairing http://www.audiclub.fi/audifinns/att...6&d=1359453154
            1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Just to be clear: if I can find the internals of a working key, it's totally doable to pair it to my car?

Comment

Yes. Try to pair it before taking it apart and maybe waste your time.
                1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info I will give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                  X