No announcement yet.

Boot/trunk light not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks John, it is this stuff they should teach you at school, you know, useful stuff
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Mikes2 could be right about the loom in the top left corner - there is 5 or 6 wires in there from memory and when I had problems with my rear wiper, I found 4 wires had broken after years of opening and closing. Replaced and all is good...but having said that, my boot light is still intermittent and my most reliable way to get it to light up is pull the short plastic spring loaded push switch out away from the car and that works. Has to be a corrosion problem for me?

Comment

SteveH ,

Yes, you are correct, (it is likely not the issue here but) it would be a connector in the loom. " T3r/3 " would indicate: " T " for a plastic connector, " 3 " means with positions for 3 wires (but not necessarily 3 wires present), " r " is saying there are at least 18 (" r " is the 18th letter of the alphabet) other similar connectors on the vehicle, and finally, " /3 " is the third wire position in " T ", which may also be written right on the connector housing.

Comment

Working...
        X