This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky heater blower

Hi all....been out for the day today and found the blower to have a constant squealing when set at 2nd speed.
    I've seen a couple of threads on here but I wonder if anybody can give some idea how get into the blower motor without too much fuss. It's a right hand drive 94 Avant. Any info much appreciated cheers.

I found that my noise was coming from the end behind the glove box

Remove glove box, prise the little round plastic cap off the shaft of the motor, little oil, been silent for 5 years now...
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Wow....that's what I call little fuss and a much appreciated super fast response...Will give the a try soon. Cheers for the info...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
        I found that my noise was coming from the end behind the glove box

Remove glove box, prise the little round plastic cap off the shaft of the motor, little oil, been silent for 5 years now...
        Top tip, I'll have to remember that one as it's much more appealing than removing the dashboard.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Not promising it will fix every dodgy blower motor noise, but it did mine, and mine sounded TERRIBLE!!
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Ooo, I need to bookmark this, when I get home (working away from home again), I’ll have a go at the weekend.
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Stuck the post..on my list of to do’s
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I still have this with mine. I also tried this but ended up having to oil the other bearing too. Cut the straw in half of which ever penetrating oil you use & join it with a long length of wire insulation. Then with your “high access” hose you can get into to the other bearing in the fan side, with the pollen filter removed.
                mine started squealing years ago, after asking the main dealer if it had a pollen filter “NO”! I removed the fully blocked solid filter & had to adapt this method of “curing” the noise. Main dealers = USELESS!!
                ATB

RAOUL

Comment

Working...
                X