Headlight washer nozzle leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight washer nozzle leaking

One of my headlight washer jets was always wet and I was using a lot of washer fluid. Assumed there was a faulty pump so replaced it. After replacement took off the bumper and with the nozzle being low down water started pouring out of the same jet. So do I have another faulty pump or is the fault with something else?

Im not aware of any check valves although maybe there is. I suppose there would have to be something.

Comment

A quick Google search found the schematic drawing. I tried to add an image but again I can't upload photos.
      Part 1 or 2 in image could well be a check valve. You could always add your own in line check valve I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
        A quick Google search found the schematic drawing. I tried to add an image but again I can't upload photos.
        Part 1 or 2 in image could well be a check valve. You could always add your own in line check valve I guess.

Thanks, yes looks like 1 might have a check valve built in. Will find a spare and see if that fixes it.

Valve.png

Comment

The diagram is slightly different to the one i found but the part looks the same. I've no doubt the diaphragm in yours in torn.

Comment

Working...
          X