AAN Swap into CQ wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN Swap into CQ wiring harness

Got an adapted harness from efi express for my b3 cq for power, fuel pump, tach, ignition, but once I pulled the cq harness only then realized that there are missing connectors for what I could assume are for oil pressure and other connectors. Do these connectors need to be cut from the cq harness and spliced in or do the connectors on the inside just need to be pulled? If anyone has a wiring diagram or photos from their projects that would be much appreciated, wiring just isn't my strong suit. Thanks

First thing I'd do is get in touch with Marc and have him itemize exactly what is in your harness, and what you'll require.

Second thing I'd do is post a picture of what you have so others who are better at wiring than I am can confirm what you'll have to integrate.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
    2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
    2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
    1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Here is both harnesses. Marc did the following to my aan harness - "a modified harness prepared for
      'standalone' use, 4 wires labeled and broken out:
      battery 12v, ignition 12v, fuel pump, and tach"
      My concern is the pleathra of plugs on the 7a harness if those need to be spliced into the aan or otherwise what i would need to do.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Ugh. I feel your pain.

This is where I'm currently held up on my build.

I need to pull the alternator, battery, and a couple other wires to integrate with my p'n'p Vems harness. Stuck on some 30 year old pins that are trashed inside the connectors.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

oil pressure and the "others": are not part of the main engine harness.
          Its call axillary, you can use the old 7A, its a big (6-7 pins) flat connector above the crank case vent port.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X