Electrical wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical wizard

Ok peeps might be in need of a electrical magician to sort my self destructing loom out, the guy I took it to nearly fainted and said foook that. Any good recomendations within 30 min drive from North London area or mobile wizards

What do you mean by self destruction loom?

Comment

After a few weeks of strange goings on with my wipers lights indicators etc the wiring under the dash over heated to the point of melting the insulation off one of the wires luckily they are all accessible where I'v been working on things recently

Comment

Is that section of loom seperate? Sounds like a short somewhere to me. Prob best to rip it out and replace with a good used one.
        Had similar years back chasing intermittent problems with a polo. Before I found out what was going on the loom went up. I replaced all that section with an inspected used one. Problems all resolved.

Comment

If it’s not blowing fuses I’d suspect the fuse/relay central panel is shorting out the internal tracks. Everything downstream of that board is fused so the circuits should be protected from this kind of thing.
          Youre going to need to replace everything that has been damaged. The best place to start is to look at the connectors on the bottom of the fuse board and see if any look melted or discoloured, this should help guide you as to which circuits are the problem
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

New fuse board then, anyone got one

Comment

I know an excellent guy in Norfolk area if you are willing to go that far. he is amazing!!!

Comment

Might have found a bod in south London, cheers bro

Comment

Any auto electrician will **** themself when they see the rats nest under an S2 dash
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                    New fuse board then, anyone got one
                    Seen a few in a box the other day not sure if all 80 boards are the same but will send you one if you PM me your address.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Any auto electrician will **** themself when they see the rats nest under an S2 dash
                      Yep he did it's now at another garage who Gav recommended

Comment

N
                        Originally posted by sjw185 View Post

Seen a few in a box the other day not sure if all 80 boards are the same but will send you one if you PM me your address.
                        Not sure I need one now bud I'll keep in touch I think there are different types

Comment

Seems it might be the 20 year old Autocheck alarm system

Comment

Working...
                          X