Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Alarm / Immobilizer / Remote locking

Hi mates,

I have bought an RS2 last year and I am faceing electrical issues regarding the Alarm / Immobilizer / Remote locking systems :
    The car entered into service in Germany on 30th sept. 1994 (VIN WACZZZ8CZRZ000932), then it has been exported to Sweden in nov. 2000 and I finally imported it in France in april 2020.
    Unfortunately I have only one ignition key : the simpliest model without lamp, without transponder and there is no transponder reading device in the ignition switch.
    Unfortunately the car has been poorly equiped with a swedish aftermarket alarm with radio remotes for alarm activation and central locking.
    But :
    • The car is supposed to be factory-equiped with the Audi alarm system (sticker P/N 443 010 112 Q on the rear windows and siren in the rear left wing near the battery and the ABS control unti).
    • The car is factory-equiped with Infra Red receivers on the B-pilars
    • The car seems to be factory-equiped with a radio receiver underneath the rear right seat (P/N to be confirmed)
    • The car central locking system (P/N Audi 4A0 862 257 G ; P/N Hella 8TZ 006 522-05) seems to be compatible with IR remote locking (and maybe radio remote locking, to be confirmed)
    • The car is factory-equiped with the immobilizer (relay Nr 8 in the main electrical pannel and relais Nr 8 and 10 in the secondary electrical pannel)
    • The Immobilizer relays are energized when switching the ignition ON

My questions are multiple :
    • Can somebody explain me in detail how is supposed to work the Alarm / Immobilizer / Central locking / Remote locking systems together ?
    • As there is no transponder in the key / transponder reading device in the ignition switch, how is supposed the immobilizer to recognize the ignitions keys ?
    • Can somebody advise me how my car is supposed to have been configurated for delivery in sept 1994 regarding Alarm / immobilizer / remote locking ?

Thank you for your help.

As far as I know the way this immobiliser works is it blocks starter with relay in fusebox (otherwise used on automatic gearbox for starter interlock) when car is locked so you cant smash the window, get in and start the car. Not very useful as it takes seconds to bypass it, but better than nothing.
    Immobiliser with transponders inside keys are comletely different system - coil around ignition lock reads transponder inside key, immobiliser box under the dashboard recognises transponder and tells engine control unit it can run the engine not only start and die after 2 seconds. This was fitted to cars from MY1995 and has nothing to do with central locking/antitheft.
    If you got only the basic key then keys of your car has been lost at some point in the past. You should have two keys like at the bottom but with blade like the top one. It has a button for locking/unlocking the car.

audi-infrared-key.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X