Aby headlight reflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aby headlight reflector

As above the reflectors on my ABY are showing signs of the chrome flaking off can they be refurbished? or can you get these from tradition? if so part number would be helpful also how easy is it to dismantle from the unit?

Am hoping to see some responses to your request as mine are nearly in the same boat

Comment

ellipsoid or H4 version ? The H4 reflectors are available from Tradition
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

When I looked last week AT had new rhd units at 450 euro each
        Getting them re chromed properly is quite expensive. Like £200 each?
        Maybe just search for good second hand ones from cabriolet. They come up now and again.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

As all above, mine are less youthful.
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

They can only re-chrome metal headlights.There are places who re-silver headlights although i think its sprayed on to the surface. I think S2 ones are plastic not metal. Someone can confirm this i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
              They can only re-chrome metal headlights.There are places who re-silver headlights although i think its sprayed on to the surface. I think S2 ones are plastic not metal. Someone can confirm this i guess.
              Correct. I had the ones on the Ur done. Some sort of vacuum process. Think they were done in Poland. Rob here arranged but not sure if he does ellipsoid.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                When I looked last week AT had new rhd units at 450 euro each
                Getting them re chromed properly is quite expensive. Like £200 each?
                Maybe just search for good second hand ones from cabriolet. They come up now and again.
                Wow £450 is pretty expensive!! Mine are ok atm but having had the S2 bodywork all refurbished last year would look good with better light units

Comment

Don’t really want to pay €900 for elipsoids and second hand ones are around £200/250 each and they are going to be at least 20yrs old so re- silvering seems the best option at the moment. Just need to find someone that does it.

Comment

There is a company in Birmingham called duel- metalising that can do a pair of lights for around £80-£100 I will give them a bell and find out some more information.

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
                      There is a company in Birmingham called duel- metalising that can do a pair of lights for around £80-£100 I will give them a bell and find out some more information.
                      Keep us posted on here how you get on please.
                      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Comment

Watching with interest, now if we could find someone who could refinish the glass then we could have a viable solution for the headlights finally!
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Evening, I had Mine done by a guy on German Ebay he was selling reflectors sent me the wrong ones...... then he said send them back, and mine and he would re-crome them.... they came back perfect considering there age, only extra charge was the shipping back.... I was Happy... if anyone is interested I could look for His ebay shop.... but he is in Europe
                            RS 2 580HP

Comment

I got mine done a Dual Metallising in B/Ham did a great job 0121 708 2748

These were off an Audi 90 I had a while ago some of part were plastic and the finish was the same
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 5 photos.
                              Last edited by johnboy 3169; 5 May 2021, 08:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X