Squeeky window regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky window regulator

Hey guys, i was wondering what your experiences are with this?

I have identified its the regulator (the part that turns) i have stripped it down also (in pics) and greased it like crazy and its still making a noise.

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have the drivers side (uk side) regulator spare? Or know where i can get one from please?

Thx
    Attached Files

Hey ok guys!! a sollution to this was to purchase a second hand regulator I found off another audi coupe in a scrap yard!! £25 sorted and its quiet!!

I kept the old parts of the window system connected to the door and simply swapped out this motorpart, which has saved me lots of work with reinstalling the cables and aligning the window. (because its not really needed).

I guess with age these can make noises.. the old one works still, just very noisey with squeaking..

Comment

for the squeak i'd start with cleaning out the old grease to see what is worn if anything and replace with fresh grease on your existing motor. Are the motors easy to remove?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
        for the squeak i'd start with cleaning out the old grease to see what is worn if anything and replace with fresh grease on your existing motor. Are the motors easy to remove?
        Hey greg! I already tried this, and got to the point where I could not extract that large wheel. The large wheel is where the squeeze is coming from, prob within.. After taking everything apart and placing it back together many times - this was the sollution I came to.

the motor / the unit is not too bad to take apart, its tricky, but you can keep the entire regulator cables and that section seated in its position, whilst extracting the motor.. then you can swap out the motor.

(the motor is pictured above -- which is held on by I think 5 torq screws)... (ps: watch how the 3 blades of the motor settle into the unit. If you need to align it to the cable part again, you can simply attach power and operate the motor till it sits in the disired position to then slot nicely back into the cable section of the regulator unit.

(Thats what I worked out.. its tricky, but once you see how it works it becomes easy... just take your time.) results are worth it

Comment

Working...
        X