URS4 clocks changed for URS6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS4 clocks changed for URS6

I have been able to get my hands on S6 clocks for my S4. When fitting today everything works but the ABS light stays ON. The S4 has the button to switch ABS on or off but it doesnt work now. Any ideas? (reason for changing is the speedo doesnt read over 105mph and all the dials have peeled).

Other differences are it has the digital mileage readout over the older S4 style. Which works as far as i know.
    S4 has oil pressure but no battery voltage gauge.
    S6 has battery voltage but no oil pressure.

Could i replace the clock on the S6 dials with the oil pressure gauge and get it to work.?

Any advice or help would be great.

Craig
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Craig: I am in the process of adding S6 gauges into my 98 C4 A6 Avant daily driver (my other car is an RS2'd 93 S4). In this process I am disassembling an S6 instrument cluster. What I have learned is the three gauge cluster (clock, Oil temp and Volts) are not separate gauges but rather, three gauges on one printed circuit board (PCB). This would make it difficult, but perhaps not impossible, to replace the volt gauge with an S4 oil pressure gauge. You would have to swap the gauges and then ensure that the leads from the pressure sender are compatible with the instrument cluster plug and the PCB traces to the "new" gauge. In my case, I am not going to worry about oil pressure and will simply swap the whole three gauge cluster into the A6 cluster.

In contrast, the water temp gauge and fuel level gauges are separate and can be completely removed from the large, main, PCB. This leaves the tach, the speedo and the digital odometer. Since I don't want to go to the hassle of re-registering the car with a new odometer, I am just going to remove the tach and speedo gauge faces (Torx No. 6 I think) and put them on the A6 cluster with the original A6 odometer.

HTH in some way.

Dave F.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks for the info saves me opening it up. I was just wondering if they were seperate. Will just leave as it is.

Just the ABS light to get off now.

Craig

Comment

Any info on the ABS light if anyone has any would be great.
        Does the ABS have to see a signal before it will go out?

Comment

Anyone got any info on this to stop the red brake warning and the orange ABS warning on the dash. ABS works as it should and the ABS button also works if pressed to stop ABS from working.

Put old dash back in and the fault goes away.

Anyone had this or can point me in the right direction would be great.

Craig

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Pour water over back of the dash when it is running .........lol
              93 S2 Avant Parting
              91 URQ RR
              02 A4 tdi Avant