Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag problems

Hi everybody

Hope anyone can help or guide me a little with following problems.
    The airbag light starts flashing when I start the car and after a few seconds it is permanently illuminated.
    I have the danish version of Ross Tech`s VAG COM and it comes up with this fault code:

Translatet to english (more or less) it says:

00588- Airbag ignition unit-driverside (N 95)
    32-10-Resistance value too big-Intermittent.

Has anyone had this problem before?
    I have pulled some fuses but can`t see any broken.Anyone knows where the N95 is located and what it does?

Also pulled a fault code from the klima/AC system saying:

00604-Sensor for back pressureflaps motor (G113)(Bad translation)
    30-00- Open or shorted to positive

Again, anyone knows where G113 is located and what it does and what could be the problem.

The car is a 93, S2 coupe ABY

Thanks
    Audis293

Hi...

Your airbag problem was last Octobers nightmare for me...

Airbag problem: the printout from a UK VAS 5051 for this is:
    00588 032
    Driver airbag igniter -N95
    Resistance too high
    sporadic

I'm told that the igniter is part of the airbag unit itself - the bit that sets it off!

Most likely cause is a loose wire somewhere (resistance too high when there's no connection, and it's sporadic 'coz sometimes it's bumped into making contact, sometimes not). Probably not what you want to read, but a thorough check of the airbag wiring is in order.

Hopefully it's not the igniter itself, as this would mean replacing the airbag - which ain't cheap.

Sorry can't help with the other one.

Ck.
    Last edited by curlyks2; 14 February 2004, 20:57.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

It is almost always a loose wire or for the drivers airbag a slipring fault. The diagnostics can't distinguish which is at fault.

I'd start by checking the slipring and the connectors to and from it.

VAG-COM or VAS5051 or 5052 or any other diagnostics computer can't test the airbag itself. The only way to test the airbag ignitor is to ignite it:eek2:

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I guess I have to check the slip ring then and the wiring for it.Is this the same ring that the horn is connected to somewhere behind the steering wheel?
        Is there a quick way to get to this, or do I have to rip apart everything in order to check wiring and slipring?

Will check this tomorrow if the head is still attached, cause now it`s partytime

Comment

Problem sorted

Took off steeringwheel and slipring (4A1 951 543) to check for loose connectors or bad connections but could not see anything.
          Tried several times to delete fault code 00588-32-10 "resitance value to high-intermittent" but fault came up again straight away.

Had a similar problem before when my wife drained the battery over night but managed to delete fault code with only the ignition on.
          The thing this time was that I had to start the engine to delete the fault.Seems ok now.

The problem was that my wife had drained the battery again and jump started it,and this caused this fault code to occur according to local audi dealership.

audis293

Comment

The airbag igniter is actually a small explosive charge a bit like a firework- definitely a one-shot only piece of kit!
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
            X