SQ MAF vs RS2 MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ MAF vs RS2 MAF

after looking through the pages here i noticed that choosing a better maf is not an easy task.I need to build an engine that according to Mihnea is the limit for the RS2 MAF and i want to be sure that everything stays intact and doesnt cause problems all the time.

Which is the main problem of the MAF when using a big turbo?Is it the reverse direction of the air coming in the maf?Or is it the high boost pressure of the turbo that causes the rupture of the string?

If the first part is the issue,then relocating the MAF to the pressure side and remapping should give the answer to a safe 450hp without looking for a new MAF every month.

However if high boost pressure is the problem,then getting the maf to the pressure side again should cause problems.

So what is the answer here and how a SQ is better-stronger than the RS2 maf??

thanks
    VAsilis

also if one would like to keep the stock RS2 maf,could a second DV or a better position of the DV eliminate the reverse flow of the air towards the MAF at a point where it would be quite difficult to tear the string?

Comment

reading again more stuff about the MAFs here is a new question....

For practical and also safety reasons,could it be possible to remove the MAFs internals and build a bigger tube to fit them in,thus getting say the SQ maf measures but with the RS2 plug and electrical adjustments?Is such thing possible?

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
        reading again more stuff about the MAFs here is a new question....

For practical and also safety reasons,could it be possible to remove the MAFs internals and build a bigger tube to fit them in,thus getting say the SQ maf measures but with the RS2 plug and electrical adjustments?Is such thing possible?
        There is 2 threads by Audiman and Tekkno who tried this with a carbon maf. Worth reading mate.

Mihnea comments were regarding MAF scaling.

It has been posted the SQ maf is wired differntly to an S2/RS2 and would need adapting ( Audiman post )

Comment

do you remember the search words for it?i have been looking but no luck!looking in the wrong places i guess

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
            do you remember the search words for it?i have been looking but no luck!looking in the wrong places i guess
            The carbon Maff one >>> HERE
            Some "healthy" debate
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

thanks i read the thread

so conclusion is that either i use the SQ maf as it is with the instructions of the plug and resistors fitment,or use the RS2 maf as it is.

what is the next option after the RS2 maf besides the SQ maf??
              Mihnea mentioned something about mafs that didnt have the string feature.Which maf is that and how can it be used with proper tuning?Im a little scared of running to the limits of the maf with the modifications im making to the car...

Comment

finally what need a tuner do to be able to use the MAF on the pressure side?what modifications on tuning the car?

also since i will be using water injection,where should i place the MAF if i decide to use the pressure side?before or after the water injector?
                opinions are welcome!
                thanks
                VAsilis

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4425

Comment

any thoughts on the water injection subject?

Comment

Working...
                    X