Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new fuse box!!

Hello,
    Had a guy looking at my car as I have a problem with the after run pump and first speed on the rad fan, Whilest he was haveing a poke around he noticed that the fuse box had gotten wet at some point in the past, which had made electric trak around leaving burn marks!
    Anyway I think it's time for a new one and @ 130 pounds + vat from audi I was wondering if anyone on here had a better idea of where to get a new one from?

Thanks

Liam
    Welsh back lanes are the best!:mischeif:

Vagparts stock them for £104 which is cheaper but still very expensive...

You may be lucky and find a forum member with a cheap secondhand one in prestine condition. (thanks Nuvo! )

Good luck with this, just make sure you push in the hoses tight for your windscreen washer jets and make sure that the lid of the fusebox is on securely. Also it might be an idea to use sealant around the outside box to make sure that no water is getting in that way.

Comment

I have got one you can have matey.
      Take me a few days to get it out of the car though!
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by Robatron View Post
        Vagparts stock them for £104 which is cheaper but still very expensive...

You may be lucky and find a forum member with a cheap secondhand one in prestine condition. (thanks Nuvo! )

Good luck with this, just make sure you push in the hoses tight for your windscreen washer jets and make sure that the lid of the fusebox is on securely. Also it might be an idea to use sealant around the outside box to make sure that no water is getting in that way.
        Thanks for the advice but i think i would like a new one! thanks for the offer Azman

Liam

Comment

Don't assume for a second that your damaged one is caused by water - there are a few worrying parts of electrical design on the 80/90/S2 fusebox such that some wiring faults can cause fusebox meltdown.

From memory the areas to watch for are the radiator fan, the afterrun pump and the headlight washers.

I suggest you carefully examine the cars wiring to ensure you havent a potentially dangerous fault still lurking.

What fuse(s) look damaged ?

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            Don't assume for a second that your damaged one is caused by water - there are a few worrying parts of electrical design on the 80/90/S2 fusebox such that some wiring faults can cause fusebox meltdown.

From memory the areas to watch for are the radiator fan, the afterrun pump and the headlight washers.

I suggest you carefully examine the cars wiring to ensure you havent a potentially dangerous fault still lurking.

Paul
            I did not ask which fuse's had damage near them! but i will find out.

thanks

Liam.

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post

Paul
              This is what scares me...

Fuse 5 and 20 have melted, one is the high speed fan and the other is the normal operating speed for the fan.

As it happens I took all of the relays off of my old fusebox to inspect it today and found that there was alot of surface corrosion.

Comment

Working...
              X