Boot open = two switch lights come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot open = two switch lights come on

When my boot is open the rear demist button and the adjacent fog light become back lit as though the lights were on. Is this normal?

Sounds like a live or poss earth is touching somewhere. Not right but not sure how it would be checked out.

Comment

Bad earth can do weird things like that too, esp. if the boot has contacts on it.
      UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Its worth checking the condition of the wiring at the tailgate hinge.. ie the bit which gets flexed each and every time the boot is opened, they can fail, and maybe cause a short....
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
          Its worth checking the condition of the wiring at the tailgate hinge.. ie the bit which gets flexed each and every time the boot is opened, they can fail, and maybe cause a short....
          Hi - I had probs with my boot interior light being on all the time... traced it to exactly this same thing... the wiring at the tailgate hunge had just got stresss-worn after years of opening and closing the boot.

I took off some of the inner boot surround plastic trim, so I could get at the wires, then repaired one that had just got damaged over time, and now the boot light behaves!
          SOLD !

Comment

Working...
          X