Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking pump on ABY coupe??

Where is it please???

The instructions that come with the Vagparts remote kit suggest it's under the rear seat, but I'm ******ed if we can find it...
    Last edited by CliveH; 25 July 2007, 13:16.
    Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Behind the panel next to the O/S rear passenger IIRC. Lock your car and you might be able to hear it.
    SS

Comment

I thought it was the drivers side myself but can't be sure. You're probably right Stu.

D'oh! Offside is the drivers side

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
        I thought it was the drivers side myself but can't be sure. You're probably right Stu.

D'oh! Offside is the drivers side
        Yeah. I thought Clive's car was RHD.
        SS

Comment

Its drivers side on a UK car - behind rear passenger trim.

PAul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks guys

Yea, mine's RHD
            Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Comment

Does anyone have any experience on removing the panel/trim in question as is doesnt seem to want to budge!?

Comment

I was hoping no-one would ask that... There is a trick or two - I remember being very careful when I fitted the remote kit for my CL kit. I *might* have photos tucked away somewhere to remind me of this but I seem to recall having to take out the rear trim piece where the seatbelt goes thru to get the main trim panel off.

You also need the door trim removed as it is in the way and there is a screw where it attaches to the B-pillar.
                Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  I was hoping no-one would ask that... There is a trick or two - I remember being very careful when I fitted the remote kit for my CL kit. I *might* have photos tucked away somewhere to remind me of this but I seem to recall having to take out the rear trim piece where the seatbelt goes thru to get the main trim panel off.

You also need the door trim removed as it is in the way and there is a screw where it attaches to the B-pillar.
                  Thanks Ill have another bash...

Comment

Still struggling so any more advice or pictures would be greatfully received!

Comment

First off you have to remove the side part of the seat, its held on by the stud for the seat catch, unscrew that then if you push that seat part down it will unhook at the bottom and lift away. Once thats out of your way there is 2 or 3 screws that were hidden behind it. You will also need to remove the rear seat base, you never know what you will find down there

You also have to undo the screws for the small plastic trim at the bottom between the seat base and side trim, and also for the plastic trim around the rear seatbelt. Once you have all those trim pieces loose grab the side trim and push it up, it has a bunch of hooks on the back that grab onto the car so you have to push it up to unhook them. It should just lift off then but be carefull of the speaker wires as they arent very long.

The pump itself it stuck up in a corner above the rear wheel, just look for a large black lump of foam, pull it out and you will find the pump inside it.

Mark.
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Mark, think I should be able to finally get to it with such accurate advice.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help

Ben got there in the end! Thanks again

Comment

Top man Mark - well remembered !

Must do it again and take photos next time - I was in a hurry when I wired my widget in and didn't bother hooking it into the indicators - that can be my excuse for a 2nd visit... Armed with camera and clipboard !
                            Paul Nugent

Comment

If any one is interested, on removing the trim around the O/S rear wheel arch the CL pump was no where to be seen (again!). Luckily following instructions given by Mark I had removed the side trim (below the rear window). It was hiding right at the bottom of the car about 30cms forward of the rear wheel arch. I assume this may be due to our S2 having electric rear windows (apparently quite rare) resulting in a lack of space above the rear arch's.

Anyway now works perfectly, thanks for all your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X