Relief relay 213.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief relay 213.

Hello All, I’ve had an electrical problem in my S2 (3b) in the last week which appears to have been due to the relief relay 213 in the fusebox.
    The symptoms were, without warning items that didn’t work, sun roof, windows, wipers, indicators, interior fan, heated rear screen, may have been more ie radiator fan ect too, however the lights, horn, radio still worked, so first thought was to check the fusebox, on doing so when touching the 213 relay ie giving it a wiggle (I could hear it clicking then), the electrics that were not working all came back on, I didn’t have time then to investigate further so left well alone as everything was working, the symptoms did happen again after I’d driven so yesterday I removed the 213 relay, carefully removed the cover on it to find a very dry joint in there, I re-soldered it with some care, refitted the relay and all seems to be well.
    I thought I’d report this on the forum as it appears this little relay is responsible for quite a bit of the electrics in the Audi.

Best wishes Condor.
    :wave: :thumbs:

Handy little tip there to check out as i've been reading up on problems like this lately to help out on of my mates s2's who has similar problems. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      Handy little tip there to check out as i've been reading up on problems like this lately to help out on of my mates s2's who has similar problems. Cheers
      Hi Acidburn, I thought I'd post here what I'd experienced as it may help someone to track down the problem, I was thinking it may have been big problems as the fault caused so many electrical things to stop working, I may invest in a spare 213 relay I think, hope you find the problem with your mates S2 and it's an easy fix.
      Best wishes Condor.
      :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

Yeah planning on going over this week to have a look, might plunder the scrapyards for a handfull of relays for future reference as cheaper than a stealers and can get quite a few.

Comment

Working...
        X