By passing alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By passing alarm

Hi, wondered if anyone can help. My alarm has been ******ing around since the car battery went dead last month. New battery fitted and itll turn over but not fire, it will fire up with a bump though. Im pretty sure its down to the immobiliser so im planning on bypassing it and hardwiring from the back of the ignition switch to the starter solenoid, which position do i need to plug into on the back of the ignition switch?
    Thanks

Sounds like the pin has fallen off the flywheel.
    Do a search and get some answers.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

ok, which pin? did try searching but wasnt sure what specifics i should be looing for? if you could give me a lead that'd be great

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9699

Comment

Thanks for that, changed both the sensors and noticed the pin was still there, Also evry now and again itll fire up on the key. No fault codes either

Comment

Is your car 93 or later? could be the hall sensor behind the cam wheel

Comment

its a late 94

Comment

My betting is the Hall sensor mate it wont show in vag com as well half the time

Do a search to see further details

Comment

right, ******ation.
                  Went out last night to try a spare hall sensor but again, not firing up on the key. This time it wouldnt bump either. Put original hall sensor back on and tried again. Not firing up even with a bump which it was before. Its turning over fine, fuel pump and relay are working. Even tried tired different igniton amps. Also noticed now that when i turn the key to ignition lights the rev counter lifts slightly as per the norm but when i crank it over theres no movement on the needle whatsoever. Its got an old alarm in thats been partly disconnected so going to trce that back over the next few days and remove it completely.
                  anyone else got any ideas?
                  Thanks

Comment

Look at a thread by whitedog about starting, also remove fuse 20 and see if the car starts. This is the fuse for the standard alarm and central locking.

Have you locked the car door via the key recently?

Comment

excellent, mines also a late 94 avant but doesnt honk lol. Noticed the pump was loose in o/s rear compartment the other day and the drivers lock barrel is a bit fiddly too
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                        excellent, mines also a late 94 avant but doesnt honk lol. Noticed the pump was loose in o/s rear compartment the other day and the drivers lock barrel is a bit fiddly too
                        Thanks
                        My car is still banned from that garage

Comment

Working...
                        X