Sunroof switch illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof switch illumination

Anybody know if the Avant sunroof switch should be illuminated like the electic window switches ? My old 90q 20v switch was illuminated but the S2 isn't....
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Mine isn't but maybe its bust aswell
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Neither is mine, thought it would have been a good idea though, along with the individual vent controllers on the dash.
      Graham
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

The switch is illuminated. I only found out because the girlfriend noticed mine flickering. I had never seen it before. It never stays on though. Just flickers every now and then. I thought it was a loose connection but it does it even when the car is stationary with the engine off.

It's another thing on the to do list. I might try a new switch.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Gents:

Switch internals are the same as the window switches, with similar issues ( I think the LEDs burn out because the stock resistor is too small in value (excessive current kills LEDs) - if its "flickering", try touching up the leads with a soldering iron - looks like the newer switches were spot welded by audi...

I used the window switch repair instructions at http://www.20v.org to repair mine...

-Peter
          Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
          1991 Coupe Quattro
          1991 Coupe Quattro
          1995 S6 Sedan
          1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Peter is right. The original resistors are only 300 ohm. Way too small. I replaced them with 1k ohm ones.
            -

Comment

Working...
            X