Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKS CAMP (Computerized Automobile Multi Player)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS CAMP (Computerized Automobile Multi Player)

Whilst lookin for EGT gauges on the web I came across this system from HKS. It very 'the fast & furious' but appears to have a host of functions that could be of use to those of us with big horsepower. It's not cheap but when you compare it a high end boost/EGT/AFR etc gauge setup it's not that different.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/hkscacaumupl.html

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1082

Aside from having an amusing name does anybody know anything more about this system? I can't find any technical info on the basic CAMP ECU and whether or not the junction box is needed for just a couple of sensors, etc.

Perhaps our american cousins can shed some light on it. I'll phone my Jap obsessed mate at Graham Goode tomorrow to see what he knows.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Funky!!

I've got a TV in my car anyways, could probably just use one of the video inputs for it to run this.... give it a more practical use LOL
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

That was my thinking. I'm looking into fitting a screen in my car (possible dvd etc - theres a sony flip down screen and dvd player at work i've got my eye on )

I've spoken to the rice racer boys at Graham Goode and they say it's a ball ache to setup but is not bad when it's in.

I like the idea of having a screen to show extra info instead of tyring to find space for gauges. I've looked at the alternatives from APEXi etc but none of them show boost, only egt, water, oil temps etc.

Surely somewhere out there someone must make a similar system that can do all the things we use gauges for.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
      X