Driver's Door Locked - Please Help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Greg
    Thanks for the reply mate! All other doors lock fine, just the left door won't budge to lock, even when entering key in that door. I'll check the vacuum pump. I checked s2central first but with no joy. Anyone got a link to the page on Pauls's site?
    Cheers
    Karl
    Oz (30 degree + Christmas - = not Turbo weather )
    Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
    Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
    Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
    Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

I had a similar problem but found another door opposite that was almost identical - and still worked!!! I bless my stars that Audi thinks of these things... a spare door in my car!!!!!

Comment

If its just one door its probably worth taking the door card off and having a look at the mechanism to see if something has come adrift
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

this did happen to me - I had the door card off and it was the mechanism - its real fiddley - but straight forward once you put your mind to it. I diagram of the mechanism will certainly give you the confidence to see how the part works and more importantly the problem error to which you refer. someone cleverer than me could perhaps attach that - as I struggle with attachments on this site. If you get stuck - PM me and I will pdf it and send it to you! HTH

Comment

Ive Got the same problem, you can hear the door lock/unlock but the handles do nothing. ive tried everything i.e window down and try both handles at the same time then at different times etc. ive now had enough and think that tring to remove and damaging the door card is the only option left.

Along with the leaking sunroof/door everything is going fine !!!!!

Cheers Jamie

Comment

did you have installed an aftermarket alarm in the car??
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
              X