No announcement yet.

My car has started to speak German!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car has started to speak German!!!!

I had the instrument cluster out to replace a buld in the dials and since I have put it back in the car has been communicating to me in German :eek2:

When I switch the ignition on I no longer get the pic of the bulb with a cross thorugh it I get 'BREMS LICHT' which even with my dodgy German I know means Brake Light. When I press the brake pedal I get OK which is German for OK

Have I reset something? I seem to remember something about the country code on the computer - can I change it. I want it to speak english again
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

send your car to language course ..
    Quattro

Comment

Check this out:

http://www.s2central.net/autocheck_04.html
      Red cars are the fastest ones...
      - Team Irry -

Comment

... or attend a course yourself? It think it makes perfectly good sense that a German car speaks German.

Jokes aside, you have probably altered the language switch setting when you had the cluster removed. For more info, check out s2central.net:

http://s2central.net/autocheck_04.html

Edit: Floddy was quicker...
        Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Cheers guys

No offence to any German speakers but us English are notoriously lazy when it comes to learning other lanuages
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Just a little lazy

Is the rest of us who make you lazy as we all learn to speak English :wacked:

Cheers
            94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Be happy it didn't start to speak chinese.......I hear they are quite enthusiastic Audi buyers these days........
              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
              X