Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm/Immobiliser

All,

As you may well be aware, I've just bought a 1996 S2 ABY Coupe - it has a Cobra Cat1 fitted 1996, and a seperate RCL kit fitted over the last two years. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to strip the old stuff out and fit a shiny new Cat1? Preferably one that knows the S2, not too fussed on it singing to me and making me coffee but I wouldn't mind total closure...

Regards,
    Mike

Nobody have an alarm on their S2?

Comment

I have an aftermarket RCL kit on mine but I can't identify it and while it still works I'm leaving it as it is. Where are you located?
      1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
      2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
      1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

What's wrong with the old alarm?

I can't recommend a fitter I am afraid, but you are right to ask for a recommendation, allsorts could go wrong removing and refitting an alarm.

Personally, I would only do it if I really really had to.

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

The old alarm is:

A) From 1996 - Whilst it's still a Cat1, it doesn't mean it's any good compared to today's offerings.
          B) I hate alarms that make a song and dance out of being activated. Plip the plipper, car locks and lights flash, maybe a single beep. End. None of this 'Look at me I'm locked and alarmed now. No really'
          C) I hate carrying two fobs around to drive the car - I just want to get in it and drive, not sit down, rub my stomach and pat my head, touch my toes then do a little jig...

But yeah, I'm after someone that's capable of stripping all the old out and replacing from the ground up - this car IS going to be a work of art so details like that are important to me.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
            I have an aftermarket RCL kit on mine but I can't identify it and while it still works I'm leaving it as it is. Where are you located?
            Derby area, although I work in Birmingham and also if someone's that good then I'll travel...

Comment

I know of a really good stereo place in Nottingham, they did a full install in my mate's S8, not sure if they do alarms but usually these things go hand in hand. I'll try to find out who it is.
              1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
              2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
              1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X