Help! No dash illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

Any sources for replacement bulbs that go in the instrument cluster apart from the local Audi Stealer?

Cheers.
    00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
    08 RRS TDV6 HSE
    03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

They are not that expensive from the stealers are they?

I paid 88p inc VAT from VAGParts.
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by SR71
        Guys,

Any sources for replacement bulbs that go in the instrument cluster apart from the local Audi Stealer?

Cheers.
        Pop down your local scrapyard for a handful from an Audi 80....
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Dr H
          They are not that expensive from the stealers are they?

I paid 88p inc VAT from VAGParts.
          You are of course right Dr H, but in principle I prefer not to give muppets my money.

It especially irritates me that, because garages are somewhat unfamiliar with the S2, I (with the fantastic help of this site) wind up telling them how to fix my car.

That they should then charge me for this bites.

Therefore I withhold from them my hard earned wonga until such time as absolutely necessary.

Cheers.
          00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
          08 RRS TDV6 HSE

Comment

Originally posted by SR71
            You are of course right Dr H, but in principle I prefer not to give muppets my money.
            I hope your not tarring all of us main stealers with that brush

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
              I hope your not tarring all of us main stealers with that brush
              Ben
              Ben,

Mate I only wish you were nearer Cardiff.

00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
              08 RRS TDV6 HSE

Comment

Anybody know if the a/c & recirc buttons should be illuminated ? I get the little tell-tale lights when they're switched on but the "ac" & "rec" letters don't light up with the rest of the dash....
                Last edited by Pete_RS2; 31 July 2004, 20:35.
                Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

IIRC the top corner of the A/C and Re-Circ buttons lights up red when they are on. Mine we're removed ages ago so I can't be sure.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                    IIRC the top corner of the A/C and Re-Circ buttons lights up red when they are on. Mine we're removed ages ago so I can't be sure.

Ben
                    This is correct. Not sure if there should be a light on as part of the dash illumination, but they deffo should light up when switched on.
                    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Sidspud
                      This is correct. Not sure if there should be a light on as part of the dash illumination, but they deffo should light up when switched on.
                      Has anyoune tried to color the dash bulbs into BLUE? I'd like to. Would it work?
                      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

No it would not as the bulbs are normally clear and the red(ish) colour is made by coloured plastic behind the faces.

I have made the redish colour red in my cluster by using red silicone caps on the bulbs. These can be found from parts shops.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                          No it would not as the bulbs are normally clear and the red(ish) colour is made by coloured plastic behind the faces.

I have made the redish colour red in my cluster by using red silicone caps on the bulbs. These can be found from parts shops.
                          Mine is a 96 march ABY with clear plastic light conductor and the bulbs have an orange coloured rubber cap.
                          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
                          X