Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning on Startup

Hi,

On the very odd occasion after i start the car, i get a warning with beep flash on the dash, it's a red exclamation mark, it beeps and flashes 3 times then goes.

It happens maybe once a week but i'm concerned it could be something serious.

Anybody help me out??

thanks.

It sounds like the 'bomb'. Do a search on the 'bomb' or 'brake pressure accumulator' to see if you have this problem. This topic has been discussed extensively already.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Cheers mate, i seem to remember this being mentioned before....

I'll have a search

Comment

And there it is!!!

Problem in lights

Previous owner Alistair C has posted it happening on the fourm.

I remember him mentioning it now, but it never occurred till last week.

How much is it to replace and is it a garage job?

Comment

Sorry to hear that.... It had been behaving itself since the service

More info :
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=brake

Dialynx had told me it wasn't a big job and is fairly easy - just be certain to de-pressurise it prior to removal!
          Not too expensive either - but I'd have replaced the fluid sensor first (as mentioned in the above thread) just to be sure... I think I gave you an ETKA print out of the part with price??

HTH

Al

Comment

Hiya mate, still haunting these parts?
            Well i look at it this way, a child always test the new baby sitter, i just hope my baby doesnt behaive too badly!
            Erm your right you did, i'll dig out the docs. Other that that had no probs what so ever.
            Cheers ears

Comment

.... yeah - still lurking in the corner here! very good site this doncha know!

Comment

Would you believe this hasnt occured anytime today and i've made 5 journies.
                Bah annoying as hell, interesting it hasn't occured after i checked the levels of hydraulic fluid and brake fluid.

Maybe substance behind your theory Al and i think i will change the hydraulic cap and fluid sensor.

Comment

Mine does it more and more now. I've changed the cap and it's no better so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and replace either the bomb or the pump (not tracked down which is at fault yet)

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Hi Guys,

my 3b did it also, at every start.
                    I replaced the "bomb" for another (used) one. It then was OK for some days. After that it started again. Getting more frequent and longer in time.
                    The guys at the shop told me that its not alarming and I could better spare me the 300 euros for a new bomb.

However I hate red lights flashing on my dash (even for a short while) so I did the following.
                    I made a time delay between the brakepressure sensor and it's power supply.
                    It delays the powersupply just long enough to prevent the warning from coming on and if real trouble starts while driving the sensor still works!
                    No power, no glory!
                    S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Working...
                    X