Cleaning MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning MAF

I think I'd seen a earlier post, or read somwhere that cleaning the MAF sensor will improve my MPG? Changing the dump valve has definately fixed my performance, so I need just need a repectable MPG.

Has anyone had experience of doing this, if so what do I need to do, and what should I use to clean it.

Theres quite a few threads on this subject.

have a look at this one http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993.

get some IPA from your local chemist.

martin

Comment

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by salmon
        I think I'd seen a earlier post, or read somwhere that cleaning the MAF sensor will improve my MPG? Changing the dump valve has definately fixed my performance, so I need just need a repectable MPG.

Has anyone had experience of doing this, if so what do I need to do, and what should I use to clean it.

cleaned the MAF over the weekend ( left to soak in some 4 star overnight) - i gotta say its the best bit of advice i have followed care of the S2 Forum , i cant believe how economical my car has become - i dont think it had ever been cleaned since birth. If you aint done it...do it.
        many thanks
        imster.

Comment

What is normall fuel consumption. Mine is not chipped, standard, and it uses 12,5 litre for 100km. I drive "normall" most of the i shift at 3500 revs, occasionaly I hit it harder .
          Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Originally posted by Erikb
            What is normall fuel consumption. Mine is not chipped, standard, and it uses 12,5 litre for 100km. I drive "normall" most of the i shift at 3500 revs, occasionaly I hit it harder .

i think average for the S2 is about 28mile per, in town - i'm getting about 26 cos i drive like i'm on the motorway...in town

But my point was more that over the years the MAF got corroded due to ****e coating the element - the previous owner obviously didnt have a clue re: benefits of cleaning and i'm left with 14mpg untill i cleaned it over the weekend.

280 mtm chipz

Comment

Working...
            X