Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

red rear lights. Are they when you indicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red rear lights. Are they when you indicate?

Are the red rearlights really red on the corner when you turn on the indicator? I am planning to get a pair from ebay but red indicators are not allowed in Hungary. What do you say?
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Where on EBAY?

I hav esome amber LED bulbs I was going to try - and I have a green bulb paint to see if that works.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
      Where on EBAY?

I hav esome amber LED bulbs I was going to try - and I have a green bulb paint to see if that works.
      Hi Doug,

its on the German ebay for 150 euro sold by a big dismantler. I like it.
      http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=7903683489
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

I am going to spray mine red and use lacquer - can't afford 150euros!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          I am going to spray mine red and use lacquer - can't afford 150euros!
          Just wait, 150 is just the starter. It may aswell go up.....
          Gabor

Comment

hmm, a yank (all red only) with a CQ might trade you (almost everyone wants what they don't have), but I think you'll need a very bright yellow bulb. Only issue is the 'downtime' while mutual shipping happens. you could ask here
            The red tailights are one of the few US only things I approve of. I WANT MANUAL CLOTH SEATS AND A MANUAL CLIMATE control

Comment

Originally posted by s2audi
              hmm, a yank (all red only) with a CQ might trade you (almost everyone wants what they don't have), but I think you'll need a very bright yellow bulb. Only issue is the 'downtime' while mutual shipping happens. you could ask here
              The red tailights are one of the few US only things I approve of. I WANT MANUAL CLOTH SEATS AND A MANUAL CLIMATE control
              Thanks for that. I have these Osram diadem bulbs, wonder if they would do it...
              Gabor

Comment

red rear lights can be bought from vagparts I think - I enquired about them - not legal except in US but I did think of putting amber bulb in also. HTH

Comment

I have tried a standard amber bulb in the foglight socket - it just looked a duller red. That is why I have high intensity amber LED bulbs and I will try green normal bulbs.

Comment

Those ebay clusters are the later model euro ones, not the us completely red ones.

Green bulb in us clusters should do the trick.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                      Those ebay clusters are the later model euro ones, not the us completely red ones.

Green bulb in us clusters should do the trick.
                      Should I buy them, what do you think?
                      Gabor

Comment

Those on ebay are probably the same as you already have.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                          Those on ebay are probably the same as you already have.
                          Mine has the red stripes on the indicator yellow section. The advertized ones seems red totally with the reverse section a bit pink. Am I wrong on that?
                          Gabor

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
                            Mine has the red stripes on the indicator yellow section. The advertized ones seems red totally with the reverse section a bit pink. Am I wrong on that?
                            PINK is not right. Maybe they are painted.

Comment

looks like the red paint option is the way to go, seeing as i have clear indicators all round except for the orange rears.

dont fancy spending big bucks on new clusters, when it could go into the engine, hee hee
                              '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Working...
                              X