Fuel Range Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Range Reading

Help when i turn on my ignition the fuel range reading does not illuminate when it does it sometimes shows less miles than it should eg tank full, gauge showing full, reading 70 = 700 any ideas what is wrong its an intermitent fault also the range reading sometimes shows only 180 miles left when the tank is full

Don't forget this is regularly calculated based on driving style. A FULL tank CAN range from 550 miles to 150 depending whether you are grannying it or thrashing it...

Or is your problem different to the above???

HTH

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      A FULL tank CAN range from 550 miles to 150 depending whether you are grannying it or thrashing it...
      What? You mean it goes above 150?!
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I recently had strange thinks happening with my fule comp, it was showing less than it should have been and showing E when it still had 1/4 tank.
        I finally fixed it by removing the the plug of the back and cleaning it with contact cleaner, All's well now

Comment

You can also calibrate the guage, etc - instructions on S2central

Chris
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
            I recently had strange thinks happening with my fule comp, it was showing less than it should have been and showing E when it still had 1/4 tank.
            I finally fixed it by removing the the plug of the back and cleaning it with contact cleaner, All's well now
            That would be a good first port of call. It is easy to take the cluster out and clean the contacts.

If you don't know how, do a search on bulb replacement, the instructions to remove the instrument cluster are fairly common...

HTH

Cheers,

Steve,
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X