Electric Mirror Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Mirror Switch

My drivers side electric mirror doesnt work. My passenger side one does.
    This is from the switch on the dashboard.
    I want to get to the bottom of it but am unsure where to start (I love these silly emoticons!!) Can anyone tell me how I get access to the switch? FYI its the non-A/C car without heated seats so fewer switches in the console. I need to get behind it and understand whether the switch has become defective - and if not - then get the door panel off and start looking at the mirror motor.....

Any experience in this area??? Any advice greatly appreciated....

Hahaha

Hmmmm could it be I have hit upon a subject that no one can answer?

Comment

from what i have learnt, Electrics in our cars are **** to work with..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

There is a bolt holding it in, i have climate, the bolt is under the trim which surrounds the climate display. Should be in the same place on yours even though you dont have climate.

Comment

Heres's a little diagram to help too, although this is for an AC car too. Sorry I don't have any info on how to remove the surrounding trim.

Dare I suggest that a Haynes manual might have the answer?
          Attached Files

Comment

The trim surround just clips in, carefully prise it out with a screwdriver.

Comment

To the Martinjs and Nuvo, many thanks for the advice and assistance and taking time to reach out to me to - this is what the site is all about - and I thank you very much.
              Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 22 October 2009, 19:27. Reason: Edited to remove comments on previous inappropriate posts...

Comment

Working...
              X