Fuel pump BTDT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump BTDT's

Right, theres a fair chance that my fuel pump may have packed up. Can anyone confirm what its like when its working, as in what it sounds like if i stick my head underneath when someone cranks over the motor?Any advice on changing it over? BTW- its an ADU, if it makes any difference......

Originally posted by jubjub
    Right, theres a fair chance that my fuel pump may have packed up. Can anyone confirm what its like when its working, as in what it sounds like if i stick my head underneath when someone cranks over the motor?Any advice on changing it over? BTW- its an ADU, if it makes any difference......
    Hi Jub jub, the best thing to do is to lift the boot carpet and there is a circular 'hatch' turn the ignition on and try to start the negine. the pump should continue to run for about 3-5 seconds after cranking. if the engine fires it will get a full time supply. you should be able to hear the pump running. If you hear silence then either the pump is dead or the supply is dead. things like imobilisers and alarms often cut off the fuel pump supply.

If the pump is dead, turn off the ignition and unscrew the hatch on top of the tank. Lift the top off, underneath you will have an electrical connection and fuel connections. the pump is in a strange holder in the tank, it is a real fiddle to get it out and worse to get it back in. You will need a new pump. Audi80 jobby from GSF was £57, yours may be more expensive. you will need a pump and also a fuel line clip. I have the correct crimps but a small jubilee clip should be ok.

I had a pump which ran but did not give enough output to run the engine! sneaky!

Good luck.

David

Comment

David. I will check it in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
        David. I will check it in the morning.
        Good luck

David

Comment

My Pump is getting noisy at the moment, is sounds like i have left the parcel shelf out when driving, i hope the new fuel filter will quieten it down a bit.
          Graham
          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

O.K i've tried not to ask since i've joined but what does BTDT stand for?
            Really wish there was a list of all these cause i feel real sillyhaving to ask

Comment

You will probably get flattened with responses........
              its Been There Done That

Comment

BTDT too. LMFAO. LOL. ROTFLMAO

IIRC its under the rear carpet AKAIK

HTH
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment