E/window prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E/window prob

Noticed this the other day,if i put my drivers window down and dont cancel the auto total open by pushing up.(in other words let the glass totally disappear into the door) The window will not close straight away, as if there is no power. But if i leave it a minute power returns. Anyone else had this?
    Thought it might be something to do with the auto open function, if so i would happily do without it. seems to me it would be more useful as a total close or should it do that too? Any BTDT appreciated
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Originally posted by groofosp
    Noticed this the other day,if i put my drivers window down and dont cancel the auto total open by pushing up.(in other words let the glass totally disappear into the door) The window will not close straight away, as if there is no power. But if i leave it a minute power returns. Anyone else had this?
    Thought it might be something to do with the auto open function, if so i would happily do without it. seems to me it would be more useful as a total close or should it do that too? Any BTDT appreciated
    Sounds like it could be a problem with a ground...but I'm not sure. There is a way to swap the auto down for auto up. Here in the USA, we only get auto down...i thought you guys got auto down and auto up. Somebody, tell me if i'm wrong. I'll check the pin numbers if anybody's interested, but it's a matter of swapping two wires at the switch and two at the motor to make auto up instead of auto down.
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Joe! Let me know about that pin switch!

I think I can figure out how to make it auto up & down. It may take a relay in between the power wires.

Comment

Howz about this one then guys...

My passenger side window goes down (ooh err!). But it wont go back up again straight away. Last night I had to wait about 2 hours before it closed. Thankfully it wasnt rainining.

Could it be a relay again???

Comment

windows

Hi Guys there is a relay under drivers side panel under steering wheel.Double size of normal.Chheck to see if your sunroof if you have one works if not its the relay.Another posting by I thnk it was James gave the relay no.I have just found out how much it is here in South Africa.
          985 rand divide by 11 its 90 pound uk price.
          James S2 1995 173000km on the clock

Comment

I wouold also suggest you maybe change teh thermo fuses. These little 'metal can' looking fuses don't burn out like a normal fuse, but they trip out when too hot and take a degree of time to come back into closed circuit. But why? are they tripping? answer, too much current flowing through them, why????? that's the question...
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
              . But why? are they tripping? answer, too much current flowing through them, why????? that's the question...
              Have had this problem of them tripping out myself, turned out to be the regulator mechanism inside running dry. Took the door panel off unbolted the motor and regulator from the frame work and carefully took the back plate off the regulator, was full of water and had no grease left in it, motor was really stuggling to turn regulator with the worm gear. Just used some lithium grease (regulator mechanism is plastic inside) Also got rid of the god awful squealing too.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Top answer...!! we have a solution
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Also in answer to the above, about the one touch up.(my 2.3e 1989 has a one touch up/down,,,, the S2 only has one touch down). IIRC Audi stopped doing this (not sure what year) because of the risk of kiddies acccidently touching the one touch up whilst their hands/heads etc were in the way, I know the window will trip out (as above), but, it'd do some damage to a child, and bloody hurt like hell on an adult for that matter before it stopped. Dealer once told me this, so don't know if it's correct,,,,,you all know what dealers are like
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Do you reckon it could be possible to have 1 touch up and down on a later car by just replacing the relay?

BTW Fourrings, got any pics of your car? Think I've only ever seen 1 byzance s2 and that was years before I got mine! Looks like a real nice colour

Sal

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
                      Do you reckon it could be possible to have 1 touch up and down on a later car by just replacing the relay?

BTW Fourrings, got any pics of your car? Think I've only ever seen 1 byzance s2 and that was years before I got mine! Looks like a real nice colour

Sal
                      There is an article on 20v.org somewhere on making your one touch down, into both if IIRC..

Yes mate have loads of photos, but it's a damn hard colour to photograph, looks almost blue sometimes

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice
                          Thanks mate, have been told it is one of only 10/15 in the country that colour.
                          One of the interior
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Sal - I have this - that's another point for me I think

Fourings - this was the car you bought from Edinburgh wasn't it? Do you know if the owner before the guy you bought it off, second name was Milne, maybe Miller(IIRC - it was one of the big house builders sons)? Lived in Corstorphine, Edinburgh. I am sure I know the previous owner and the car.
                            Last edited by Doug_RS2; 30 June 2004, 07:57.
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The one touch window up (1TWU) stuff is very old ground... we covered this ages ago. YES it was deleted in the early 90's on all Audis (and plenty other manufacturers) getting scared of more litigation in the US.

There is a 1TWU upgrade for cars which don't have it, but my research on this led me to believe that a different relay was required for the S2. There is something odd about this - I think the cars with four electric windows have a relay that can be modded to support 1TWU on the front, but the two windowed cars have a different relay that does not support 1TWU. Its all a bit vague now. When we nail it this time, I'll document it on S2 Central for posterity and it won't be forgotten again...

Paul
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X