Comment

Taken from a higher angle so you can see them:
        Attached Files
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Ben,

Can you do us a favor? can you see if there is a longer aero blade please than these Lupo GTi ones? the drives side would be prefect if it was about 1 - 1.5 inches longer. Hopefully?? you may have other aero blades in stock at your dealership?

Looks like the blade fitting is pretty generic, VERY simple to swap blades over! so if there is a slightly longer aero blade, that'll be perfect!

Martyn
          Prices soon...

Comparision
          Last edited by Martynf; 19 October 2003, 14:50.
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

:
            Last edited by Martynf; 19 October 2003, 14:55.
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Here's a better comparison, almost the same angle and height photo's:
              Attached Files
              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

top down
                Attached Files
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Price for the whole kit is £33.18+vat. 1st class post delivery £4.00.

This is for:
                  Two wiper arms
                  Two wiper blades
                  Two nut covers
                  Two new S2 fixing nuts - as your old ones will be rotten! mine were nasty!
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn,

The passat aero blades are an exact match length wise for the S2. Part numbers are as follows:

N/S 3B2 955 425 D
                    O/S 1J2 955 426 A

I haven't got round to doing mine yet as we've had guests over and vodka has taken on slightly more importance than wipers

I'm working on the 2004 A3/A4 rear wiper as well. Got nearly all the bits I need to get started so I'll be trying that out in the very near future.

Ben
                    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Martyn

You must be a right old poser!

You've got both wing mirrors pointing inwards.
                      Is this so you can get a profile view whilst driving?
                      Trouble puting your lipstick on straight perhaps? :nana:
                      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Martyn,

Those arms are from a Passat?
                        -

Comment

The arms are from a Lupo GTi. The lupo GTi blades are too short though but the Passat ones are the right length.

Ben
                          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

So basicly now we need passat blades ? From what year passat ?
                            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Beelimey lads!! wots wiv all the insults!!!

Lipstick... maybe... or me pipe in the right orrifice!!

So... Cheers Ben!! I rekcon the purfect low down stance look is two left hand Lupo arms, then one Lupo left hand blade for the left side, and O/S 1J2 955 426 A - Passat aero blade. I personally think the Lupo LH blade is fine! you loose about an inch of wipe at the top of the screen, but if the wiper was any longer then it would hang off the screen with the arms this low down!!

So to clear it up (get it!! clear... oh man I wasted here!!) this will be the full kit:

Left hand Lupo wiper arm WITH blade!!! = 6X2 998 405 @ £16.02+vat
                              Left hand Lupo wiper arm WITH blade!!! = 6X2 998 405 @ £16.02+vat
                              Right hand Passat aero blade = 1J2 955 426 A @ £8.62+vat
                              Two Lupo arm nut covers = 1J0 955 205A 01C @ .43p+vat each
                              Two S2 wiper arm nuts = N 011 00830 @ .14p each +vat

The Lupo arm WITH blade is miles cheaper than buying the arm and then the blade on their own! If you go the above route, then you'll have one spare passengers side blade for later.

You ***MUST*** remember that with the Lupo arms this low on the screen, they do NOT fold up to the vertical position for cleaning the screen!! they are too low and hit the bonnet! They come up a fair bit, enough to clean the screen, but I think to change blades, you'll *maybe* have to remove the arms, no big deal!!

The other choice.... it to use two RIGHT hand Lupo arms, these sit about an inch higher up the screen and *should* give enough room to lift up properly to clean the screen.

I guess its what you want to achieve?? low and mean? or higher and much more visible with maybe more windnoise??

Personally I like this low on the screen set-up. I don't mind undoing the wipers arms to change blades, no big deal.

As Cilla would say.... " The decision is yours!"

Ben, if you can sort out the back end of the car, then I'll give you a big wet snog mate!

Martyn
                              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn,

Can you post the part numbers for LHD cars also? I can't find a set with blade and arm for lupo from the family album.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X