RS2 Indicator & wiper failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Indicator & wiper failure!

On my way to work his morning it was lightly raining so I was using the single wipe function, I went to push down on the wiper stalk for a single wipe and nothing! I tried to put the wipers on normally, nothing, I then went to put the indicator on to pull into the office driveway, nothing indicators!
    The computer buttoms on the wiper arm still work, as does the front and rear lights.
    Whats failed? Fuse, a relay or something else?
    I dont have the owners handbook for the car so I cant check in there, I looked on the top of the fuse box but one of the fuse diagram stickers is missing.

Can anyone help?
    1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
    1995 Audi RS2

Turns out it was a 25 amp fuse
    1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
    1995 Audi RS2

Comment

The search function on this forum is awesome.
      9 years after this post I’ve just had the same issue. The 25amp Position 15 Rad fan, turn signals flasher unit, wiper system fuse had blown along with the position 2 15 amp flasher unit hazard signals fuse. Replacing just caused the fuses to blow again when the indicator was used.

So, checked the indicator relay. (Driver side behind/under dash shelf) and one leg was discoloured with heat. Fortunately, I had a spare, so swapped it and only had right indicator. Checked the forum again and there is another thread on a similar issue that suggests checking rear light wiring track and front indicator connections.

I had recently changed the orange front indicator bulbs for MOT. Hmmm.

Careful inspection of the wiring showed the insulation had cracks and a tiny black burn mark where it was shorting into the ground return.

Tidied up the wiring, ran the position 2 fuse with a 5 amp and the position 15 with a 10amp and result....

Just need to buy a box of replacement fuses now.

Sincere thanks to all those who post similar to the above, even if there is no reply, it’s possible it’ll help someone many years down the road.
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
      X