Trip Computer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Computer Problem

I am having trouble with my trip computer at the moment.

It all started when I replaced the clips for my visors as they were broken. I placed the new clips on and I am not sure how it is possible but I placed one of the screws through the wire for the mirror lights and the car continually blew the number 4 15 amp fuse that is for clock, luggage compartment light, interior light, on board computer, auto check system etc.
    I fixed the wire on the visor and I thought everything was ok but now on the trip computer where it has the range section when I have half a tank of fuel it is reading 70 miles and when I have a quarter on the tank the E for empty is coming up.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions to cure this or has anyone else had this same fault?

Originally posted by mak2503
    I am having trouble with my trip computer at the moment.

It all started when I replaced the clips for my visors as they were broken. I placed the new clips on and I am not sure how it is possible but I placed one of the screws through the wire for the mirror lights and the car continually blew the number 4 15 amp fuse that is for clock, luggage compartment light, interior light, on board computer, auto check system etc.
    I fixed the wire on the visor and I thought everything was ok but now on the trip computer where it has the range section when I have half a tank of fuel it is reading 70 miles and when I have a quarter on the tank the E for empty is coming up.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions to cure this or has anyone else had this same fault?
    There is a way of recalibrating the system for fuel levels. visit s2central.net or www.20v.org for more info. It will be on one of them,

David

Comment

BTDT Mak,,,,,give me a shout and we'll sort it. I'm off work for the next fortnight (but I'm away this weekend with the AOC), so give us a bell when you are free.
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Hi Jason, You can have a look at mine while your at it matey. Always says 23.5mpg @140mph or 25mph. When I bought it it was the same, but then started working on it's own,then just went back the way it is now!!!
        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
          Hi Jason, You can have a look at mine while your at it matey. Always says 23.5mpg @140mph or 25mph. When I bought it it was the same, but then started working on it's own,then just went back the way it is now!!!
          When ya free Mark??
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

I'm off WED/THU/FRI. Putting some toyo's on it tomorrow morning-ish then I've nothing specific planned.
            Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

I'm off WED/THU/FRI. Putting some toyo's on it tomorrow morning-ish then I've nothing specific planned.
              Would tomorrow afternoon be OK?? Failing that Thursday? as I'm off for a drive to the lakes Friday with the wifey and dog (just come back from 3 days camping there yesterday, 95 - S4 bottled it trying to keep up with me on the Kendal to Windermere road,,,,,,great fun)
              You got me mobile number still??
              Let me know ,mate..
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

I'll give you a bell tomorrow, cheers jas
                Nice roads in the lakes.................definitely S2 country
                Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

The road from Kendal to Windermere just gets better if you carry on up to Keswick!
                  One of THE great roads in the UK.
                  ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I'll give you a bell tomorrow, cheers jas
                    Nice roads in the lakes.................definitely S2 country
                    Ok mate,,,,no probs..
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by mak2503
                      I am having trouble with my trip computer at the moment. on the trip computer where it has the range section when I have half a tank of fuel it is reading 70 miles and when I have a quarter on the tank the E for empty is coming up.

I'm currently suffering with this too

Can't find any info on how to solve this
                      S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X