levelling motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• levelling motors

Could anybody shed some light on how one would install levelling motors and levelling switch into a car that didn't have it from the factory. I have the loom from the switch, but will have to make connectors for the levelling motors with 3-pins.
    What is the 2-pin connector off the switch's loom and what is the round 4-pin connector off the same loom?

Cheers
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Originally posted by NoNonsense
    Could anybody shed some light on how one would install levelling motors and levelling switch into a car that didn't have it from the factory. I have the loom from the switch, but will have to make connectors for the levelling motors with 3-pins.
    What is the 2-pin connector off the switch's loom and what is the round 4-pin connector off the same loom?

Cheers
    Hey Joe, ( sorry must stop doing that) strains of Jimi playing in the background.

I assume that you mean the headlamp motors. I fitted adjustable motors and wiring loom that I salvaged from another car. it was a bit of fuss routing the cable through the bulkhead but I managed it ok.

The headlamps I had are from a CQ20V ( same as yours?) the later headlamps are all adjustable ( IIRC). I will look at the loom tommorow and see. Audi like to have all sorts of plugs hanging spare.
    David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
      The headlamps I had are from a CQ20V ( same as yours?) the later headlamps are all adjustable ( IIRC). I will look at the loom tommorow and see. Audi like to have all sorts of plugs hanging spare.
      David
      Hopefully the cars made for the US market will also have some spare wires hanging for this. I have fit up RS2 headlamps with Xenon, so I'd like to be able to adjust the headlights.
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
      X