S2 sedan..where's the battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 sedan..where's the battery?

I know the S2 coupes have the battery under the rear seat, and I'm wondering where the S2 sedans have the battery.
    I want to relocate the battery in my b4 sedan to the trunk, but now I am thinking that it might be even better if I can manage to move it between the axles instead of on the outside.

cheers!
    joe
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

battery

its funny you posted that i had a look under the rear seat of my audi yesterday i got the suprise of my life seeing the battery underneath the seat i was puzzled thinking whats that doing there. no chance of damp getting there

Comment

maybe they are in the same place as the avant´s,left side of the boot.
      trie and look there.

Comment

Originally posted by RIX
        maybe they are in the same place as the avant´s,left side of the boot.
        trie and look there.
        Well, first, we don't have any avants in the USA...
        and secondly, I thought i'd check the forums before squeezing under my car to see if there's room to cut and place a battery there. I think my exhaust might be the only thing in the way. But, i'd like to put it on the right side of the car, but the fuel tank is definitely in the way there.
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

trie and open the boot and look on the left side.

Comment

Joe, maybe the trunk will be your answer.

Otherwise under the back seat but then you will have to do some radiacal alterations. You will need to get the S2 part that needs to be welded in for the battery to be safely placed there. I know a German guy on the AW Forum did that awhile back on his site. Keep us up to snuff on this mod. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
              Otherwise under the back seat but then you will have to do some radiacal alterations. You will need to get the S2 part that needs to be welded in for the battery to be safely placed there. I know a German guy on the AW Forum did that awhile back on his site. Keep us up to snuff on this mod. Very interesting.
              Well, I'll do some investigating this weekend. I believe that the left side of the trunk can be cut a little bit and a battery placed lower in the boot, so i don't loose trunk space. This would work with an aftermarket exhaust in place and not the OEM jobby which is a weird shape and fills the space. however, with me, the driver, in the seat, the car is about 35lbs heavier on the left side than the right...so i'd love to put a light weight race battery on the right side but also I'd like to keep it between the axles. But, alas, the gas tank is in the way. I'll keep you updated panzerwagon.
              I have a sedan, and i'm not like Brandon and the eS2, i don't necessarily need to have S2 sheet metal for the fabrication of such an item...i'd just used some aluminum and weld a box in...it doesn't need to be pretty from under the car!
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

the Avant and sedan mouting plate shown here. OE they are extremely expensive parts to buy, so best to make a tray for the battery. This may help:
                Attached Files
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                  the Avant and sedan mouting plate shown here. OE they are extremely expensive parts to buy, so best to make a tray for the battery. This may help:

Great! Thanks Martyn! That will be a huge help!
                  Joe "NoNonsense"
                  axis motorsport
                  joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
                  X