Fuel gauge /Auto check playing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge /Auto check playing up.

Its now getting ridiculous; this afternoon the fuel gauge indicated i had half a tank, the computer told me i had 75 miles left and autocheck was bleeping away telling me i was empty I have had a new fuel pump fitted recently, could this have any input on the problem or does it sound like the sender is faulty? If so does the sender control the three different readings

Apparently it can also be the potentiometer on the back of the instrument cluster. A couple of the lads had the same problem. fourrings knows how to remedy it.
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Mine is playing up too. It's saying 'E' when there is a 1/4 of a tank left
      S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

its possible to re-calibrate it isnt it?
        its on s2central somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
          its possible to re-calibrate it isnt it?
          its on s2central somewhere.

yup , its in the technical section , under electrical then , instruments,
          // recalibrate . at the s2central site. although sound like a challenge/test..
          planning on trying adjusting mine soon .,

Comment

I had a similar problem recently. I fixed it by changing the sender. Try recalibrating it first.
            If not have a look at your sender. Mine had a broken wire that made a connection when there was plently of fuel, but whenever it dropped below half a tank, the connection was broken.
            I replaced my sender, but it is quite easy to repair, simply by soldering in a new wire.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Here's the thread where I fixed my problem.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
              X