Interior light probs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior light probs?

Hi All, my interior light doesn't want to go off! in the timer/door mode, it flickers after 20 seconds or so and I can hear a relay click I think but it more often than not will not go off,the click continues at about the 20 second intervals, could this be a faulty relay perhaps? is there some way I can test for this? If it's def the relay which one is it? and wheres the cheapest place to get a new one? your comments please...thanks Condor...
    :wave: :thumbs:

Hi Condor,

Its one of two things either the relay is failing and 'sticking' on or you have a sticking interior door courtesy light switch. Try removing each door switch in turn and make sure none are sticky or failling apart! if they all look ok, then its the relay.

The relay is under the dash drivers side and its number 3. The current part number of the relay is 447 947 115D, we charge £17.89+vat for this (we being VAG parts), the main dealers are £26.66+vat.

I'd suggest you check each switch in turn, if they all look ok, suspect it is the relay at fault.
    Hope this helps
    Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Cheers Martyn, I will investigate!!!many thanks ..Condor....
      :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X