Diagnostic connectors source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic connectors source.

I'm looking at building a ISO/VAG interface for use with VAG COM.
    Does anyone know where I can get the two pin connectors used to connect to the ECU K and L lines. I don't want/need a OBD-II cable adapter.

Thanks.

Someone must make them but I've never found them. You can't get them from VAG without buying the OBD-II adaptor or one of the leads for the older 1551 setup.

The adaptor isn't too expensive and if you really don't want the OBD-II socket you could cut them off and use them separately.

Alternatively you could have pins that you plug into the sockets. Not neat but it would work.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Ben,
      I've had a trawl through a few electronics catalogues and couldn't find them anywhere. It looks like I need to get an adapter or the 1551 cable.
      Do you know the price of either of these items?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm off work for the next week so won't be able to check prices till then. The OBD-II to 2x2 adaptor is cheapest. MartynF can probably get prices for them.

Part numbers are:

OBD-II to 2x2 adapter: ASE40505600000

2x2 lead: ASE44130100000

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Top man Ben! I can't find these numbers in ETKA, can I ask where you got them from? Now where is Martyn when you need him?

Comment

They are in the Catalogue Workshop Equipment and Special Tools which is part of ERWIN.

You can look up all the special tools and workshop equipment on there but they don't give prices.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if any of the later spec B4 cars, .i.e., from '95 onwards were ever fitted with IS0 9141 OBD-II socket? The FA only seems to show the 2-pin DLC connectors in the ash tray for the RS2 for example. I couldn't find this info for the '00 cabriolet.

Can anyone confirm if they have the newer connector and its location please?
              I was thinking of retrofitting one to the interior of the car if this was an original fitment.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Never seen it on an 80 coupe cab up to 99 \ which is a bit odd considering mk 3 golfs use them

Comment

Working...
                X