Recaro Electric Seat wiring loom installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro Electric Seat wiring loom installation

I have to install the wiring loom for my RS2 Recaro Electric seats this weekend. It appears that it terminates in a large spade for the positive supply and a ring for the earth.

Does anyone know where it plugs into and what is the best way to install it?

Thanks,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Can you take pictures of the loom and what goes where for me? I need to make one for my seats!

Le Mans 2012
    Nurburgring 700
    1995 S2 Avant

Comment

When I fit it I will take some photo's. It is pretty straight forward, but you will need the right plugs. There are also some sort of thermal fuses or relays in there too.

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

didnt knowyou'd bagged a pair of RS2's...very tasty sir
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

When i fitted mine 10 years ago!! I made my own loom and followed this wiring diagram. Open the image in a new window to see full size diagram

Comment

or you can buy a loom from kufatec,

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...4---80-B5.html
            5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              didnt knowyou'd bagged a pair of RS2's...very tasty sir
              I was trying to keep it quiet until I got them fitted and could post up the photo's. They are Pete's old ones, that apparently have been through a few forum members hands. They are in very good condition and I can't wait to sit in them...

The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

nice! yeah you plug the spade into the bottom of the fuse board, there are "spare" slots. EArth ring onto the points on the chassis behind the bonnet release catch

I have a pic from when i relocated my battery that might help, i'll dig it out
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ignore the arrow, thats the feed form the battery.. you will have a spare slot somewhere on the same row or the one in front.

HTH mate

We must have pics once this is done
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks Alex

I did stumble across this pic whilst searching just now! I will make a guide for this as I go along, and of course post up pics of the finished job!

Cheers,

Steve
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hermanio View Post
                      or you can buy a loom from kufatec,

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...4---80-B5.html
                      Thanks for the link, that website looks useful and not to expensive either!
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

as error said, just a earth to the body on the right hand side and the positive, same as in my urq.

Comment

Cheers Peter.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I finally managed to get some time to myself and completed the wiring and fitting of my new Recaro's. I will complete the write in greater detail later, but basically all the above info was correct except I did not have a spare output from the fuse box and ended up slicing into an existing one.

Here is the result! (And yes the are bloody comfy and hold you in sooo much better than standard seats. )
                            Attached Files
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

you just wanted to detail under your seats

Comment

Working...
                              X