• Show
Clear All

yeah looks grubby under there Steve

Very nice, I'm jealous... if only someone had the perfect pair for me
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Do you find that you can't lower them enough?

And for the power supply it should go to pin 30 on the relay plate. All the pin 30 locations are a permanent 12v live.

Like you I have also run out of connection points,

In the avant models there is a piggy back connector block that allows a further 3 feeds.

I have wanted one for a while...
      Last edited by Tonks4x4; 18 April 2011, 13:36.
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

:shock: Steve....is that, ummm crumbs in your car?!?!?!?!? Stuff the seats, we need a before after picture of the carpet

Looking very nice in there in all seriousness. One day I'll get myself sorted with a pair, too many other things to steal the money from me it seems.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
          you just wanted to detail under your seats
          If I had known how easy they are to get out, I would have done it years ago!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post

And for the power supply it should go to pin 30 on the relay plate. All the pin 30 locations are a permanent 12v live.

In the avant models there is a piggy back connector block that allows a further 5 feeds.

Well funny you should say that, I seem to accidentally on purpose found a permenantly live feed.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              :shock: Steve....is that, ummm crumbs in your car?!?!?!?!? Stuff the seats, we need a before after picture of the carpet

Looking very nice in there in all seriousness. One day I'll get myself sorted with a pair, too many other things to steal the money from me it seems.
              I have always wanted a pair and got very lucky when my annual bonus coincided almost to the day with Acidburn advertising his set.

Don't talk about the state of my carpet under my old seats

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

In the avant models there is a piggy back connector block that allows a further 5 feeds.

So is this just part of the fuse box or seperate from it as I know of a couple of avant fuse boxes atm.

Comment

Its a seperate piece....

part no:893 971 827

I would like one if anyone has one spare....
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Its a seperate piece....

part no:893 971 827

I would like one if anyone has one spare....
                    send a message to jonny bravo

Comment

Just to put this to bed and confirm some of the previous good advice, I have added some more pictures below and some words.

LOOM:

The loom that came with my seats was very simple. A pair of connectors for the seats, an earth ring terminal and power supply spade. The loom can be seen in the photo's below. Also incorportated are a pair of 30A thermal fuses, one for each seat.
                      Attached Files
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

INSTALLATION:

The loom has been run down the drivers side from the under the lower parcel shelf below the steering wheel, where the spade plugs into the bottom of the fuse box and the ring earth terminal can be added to the existing earth stud just below the fuse box. See pictures.

The loom was then run under the sill cover on the drivers side and then under the carpert for the drivers seat and over the transmission tunnel to the passenger side for the other seat. The plugs simply connect into the base of the seats.

In my case I had no spare outlets under the fuse box and had to splice into an existing outlet. See finger in photo!
                        Attached Files
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

FINISHED INSTALLATION:

Here are the seats now that I have had a chance to renovate and condition the leather again. (See other thread)

These are the seats all S2's should have come with! They are super supportive and improve the feel of the whole car, whilst also looking rather nice too!

Cheers,

Steve
                          Attached Files
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous!
                            You were MAD to get rid of these Pete, I would love some for the S4

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                              Gorgeous!
                              You were MAD to get rid of these Pete, I would love some for the S4
                              i've had a few sets of these and as much as I liked them, I didn't in certain ways, when I had some in my s2 (pearl blue one) I couldn't lower the drivers seat tilt back enough so I could fall asleep at work in them, I also found they was less supportive than the recaro's I had in the car beforehand and the sapphire cosworth recaro's i've got to go in the quattro instead of these. I also didn't like the weight that i'd be adding to the quattro hence the sapphire one's which are ALOT lighter so suit the car, only downside I found to the sapphire one's is they don't tilt, luckily for me the one's I sourced came with subframes that do so when fitted should suit my needs.

Besides i'd only ruin these, they look better in steve's lol

Comment

Fair enough then!
                                I cant decide what to get at the moment, but thats for another thread/discussion!

Comment

Working...
                                X