Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Window not working

Hi All,

My Drivers side electric window has decided to pack in as soon as the sun came out this window.

The passeneger side still works fine but when i press the button for the drivers side nothing happens.

Anybody got any ideas and what to check, is there a fuse / relay etc?

Thanks

Originally posted by Jamo
    Hi All,

My Drivers side electric window has decided to pack in as soon as the sun came out this window.

The passeneger side still works fine but when i press the button for the drivers side nothing happens.

Anybody got any ideas and what to check, is there a fuse / relay etc?

Thanks
    AFAIK there is one of them big metal fuses under the drivers side panel under the steering wheel.... They are tucked up under the dash so you might need a torch to see them...
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Cheers mate, i'll have to find some time to look and take the door trim off.
      Ack!

Comment

Did you ever sort this out Jamo? Does the motor make a noise at all? It may be the contacts in the switch. I had that with the rear window switch on mine, i used a small amount of WD40 and rocked the switch back and forth a load of times and it works fine now.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

No mate, i was going to take a look at it this weekend, but guess what?

The window starting working on saturday evening!

Totally baffled!

It doesn't make a noise, but i have noticed a strange rattle when i shut the drivers car door.

I'll have to find time to do it, but i've got a major handoverafter losing 9-1 at footy, drowned my sorrows a bit!

Comment

Jamo I have a similar problem on my right rear door window. The problem on mine is nothing more than corrosion on the main power plug to the window motor. Strip off the door panel and find the short wires off the motor that go into a multiplug, that multi plug seems to catch some water over time and teh terminal just get dirty / caked in corrosion, just clean them up and it'll work for another year maybe!

HTH
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

The metal fuses have a habit of heating up and then when cooled down they work again...
              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
              X