Headlamps not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamps not working

My n/s headlamp has stopped working. After swapping over the HID ballast connections at Castle Coombe last week it appeared to be one of the ballasts at fault as it switched the problem to the o/s. But I've since tried 2 new ballasts from Martyn & still only 1 lamp works at a time. I've just put the halogen bulbs back in & the n/s lamp still doesn't work

Any ideas ? What are the headlamp fuse numbers as my fuse box cover doesn't have a key diagram.
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Peter,

the lights are on fuses numbered 6 - 11. Check all these fuses. Fuse number one is on the left hand side of the box.

See, I knew it wasn't my ballasts!!! ;-) I saw that blow too when you were following me!!
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

O/T My HID kit now makes the autocheck bleep. It was ok for a while. any ideas on what it could be martin?

Sorry for the hi jack!
      Coupe

Comment

Thanks Martyn. Fuse no. 11 blown.

However the Autocheck still comes on when the headlamps are turned on. Even with the halogens still in there. Can't be the LED sidelights as it doesn't come on with just these switched on

Any ideas ?

Are these 4 fuse locations above fuse no. 22 spares ?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete_RS2; 29 September 2004, 09:49.
        Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Ive had this problem too with the autocheck coming on even tho all the lights work fine... i have a different kit tho.

Worked fine for the first week too which is what makes it even more weird!
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Autocheck is coming on?

You can do one of 2 things.
            1/ Disconnect the Autocheck system.
            2/ Find a way to fool the Autocheck system. The reason it comes on is because it's not getting the right feedback(watts or amps?) reading. It's telling you of a bulb failure because of the wrong reading it's receiving.

Comment

Yep I guess I'll have to resort to tricking Autocheck again.

S2Ant/AbsS2,
              My old S2 was the same, i.e. it was fine for about 3 weeks after fitting the HIDs & then Autocheck started coming on. Weird

See here for simplest way.

Does anyone know if those fuses in the pic are spares though ?
              Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

YES - those four fuse carriers below Relay #5 are for spares - neat huh !

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                X