brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake warning light

Hi guys can anyone tell me how to erase the brake bulb warning light, my mate plugged in his vagcom.
    but he doesn,t know where in menu to find the fault code. any help would be helpful.

cheers.

I'm pretty sure a brake bulb doesn't log a fault code, and should clear once you replace the faulty bulb... (once you've pushed the brake pedal of course...)
    John Bowlerwell
    Electronic Engineer

Present:
    Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
    Previous:
    Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
    Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Do you mean the "bulb out" yellow warning, or the (!) red warning?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

There is no reset, just fix the problem :-) I'm not sure what all it covers but im fairly sure sidelights and mainbeam will also give the warning.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

It,s the yellow warning lamp iv changed the bulb and it bleeped when i pressed the brake pedal but stays on with no bleeping when i brake the only thing i can think of is the rear light was leaking and the bulb holder was rusty i changed it with a spare one but the terminal block that fits onto the holder is rusty in the terminal connector but all the lights work fine.

Comment

If the rear light has been leaking the light mounting board and the connector plug can corrode. I cleaned the contacts (bulb slots and wiring connectors) on the light board with sandpaper, cleaning the plug is tedious, I used a small screwdriver and scraped, also strips of sandpaper on a blunt screwdriver. You can flip part of the plug up where the wires go in and I sprayed it full of contact cleaner.

Sorted it out for me, the BEEP was really annoying.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Cheers i will try and get a spare plug made up or clean the one iv got.

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                There is no reset, just fix the problem :-) I'm not sure what all it covers but im fairly sure sidelights and mainbeam will also give the warning.
                There is no warning at all for front sidelights, indicators or mainbeam.

Autocheck has two modules ("relays") to monitor the bulbs. The front one (J123) monitors just the dip beam headlights and is often mentioned in the context of the "pin K" mod if HIDs have been fitted. The rear one (J124) monitors the brake lights - giving the warning that comes on everytime you start up until the brake pedal is pressed. It also monitors the rear tail (side) lights which give the same warning as the front dip beam headlights if faulty.

Note there are two sets of tail lights. The independant bulb pair are routed through the Autocheck module. The other pair of tail lights that are shared with the brake light bulb are not monitored by Autocheck and are just fed directly via fuses S6 & 7 in the sidelight circuit.

John

Comment

Sorry meant to say dip beam not main beam, i have an iffy HID that dosent start sometimes and trips the bulb warning. Good info though
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Can anyone tell me pls where or what the number is for the rear bulb monitor ( Module )
                    ( j124 ) located under the dash.

cheers.

Comment

There is a picture in this thread of J124 from the RS2.
                      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...0&postcount=17

It is situated in the rear, above the battery.
                      It might be in a different place on a coupe though?
                      John Bowlerwell
                      Electronic Engineer

Present:
                      Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                      Previous:
                      Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                      Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Cheers john i will have a butchers tomorrow .

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlerwell View Post
                          There is a picture in this thread of J124 from the RS2.
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...0&postcount=17

It is situated in the rear, above the battery.
                          It might be in a different place on a coupe though?
                          In the coupe it's up behind the trim just above the spare wheel.

John

Comment

Cheers john .

Comment

Working...
                            X