Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronics genius required

Probably Paul!
    I was just wondering if it would be possible to guddle around in the window control black box and convert the operation to "one touch" up?
    Might be another little earner (like the homefries) for someone.
    Simon

Easiest way is to just fit the earlier relay.

Although I just checked the price and they've gone up a bit since last time I looked.

441 959 257 D @ £123.29

I wonder if there is an A100/A6 version with one touch up and down on both front windows. I'll have to do some digging.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

WOW, thats not cheap. I have one touch on only the drivers side, is this normal?? And it works in a different way to later cars As Doug found out when he drove it
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
        WOW, thats not cheap. I have one touch on only the drivers side, is this normal?? And it works in a different way to later cars As Doug found out when he drove it
        I have heard that you need to switch two pins on the back of the switch and another two at the motor. I cannot confirm this, however. It's been something I've wanted to check into for a long time, but I've never gotten around to it.
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Both my windows are one touch up and down from all the switches - it was like that when I got it.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
            Both my windows are one touch up and down from all the switches - it was like that when I got it.

Any info here, Paul?

Comment

Yeah Paul! - I would like this too!!!

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Doug,

Can you have a look at the part number on your window relay? If it's different to the standard relays listed in the family album I'd like to find out what it's off.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

It's normal for only the driver's side to be one touch up and down on early (3B) cars.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Early cars had one touch up and down on the drivers window. They changed it to one touch down only after model year 1994.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                      Early cars had one touch up and down on the drivers window. They changed it to one touch down only after model year 1994.

Ben

Mine is a '93 and has one touch down only (drivers)
                      I wonder if any older standard 80's with leccy windows have the same required relay?
                      simon

Comment

If you buy good car alarm system, you will get all window "one touch up/down".
                        "you don't make history by following the rules, you make history by sizing the moment..."

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                          Doug,
                          Can you have a look at the part number on your window relay? If it's different to the standard relays listed in the family album I'd like to find out what it's off.
                          Where is it?
                          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Behind the drivers side dash tray. It's a double relay. IIRC it's near the top.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X