Blast. Damn. Bother.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee
    Dirty Sanchez or Jackass....I'll get on the blower to MTV and ask them to fix my airbag fault.
    So they have to fix your airbag fault with a melon baller whilst lying on a greased bonnet wearing a melon for protection whilst you are doing the 1/4 mile.

I think that's a winner

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
      So they have to fix your airbag fault with a melon baller whilst lying on a greased bonnet wearing a melon for protection whilst you are doing the 1/4 mile.
      Now that, so long as I can choose who it is lying on the bonnet, I would like to see :mischeif:

Update: It's GOOD NEWS! The main stealer (200 miles away) totally agrees that anything they did within the last 12 months is under warranty, including labour. So: I am free to go to my local dealer, and if any of the same things (there's the catch) are wrong again (as fixed by the stealer), it's all warranty repair stuff.

Ck.
      Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

The short one is the most annoying one!
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2
          I'm gonna take a guess and say it'll come up with something like this:

00588 032
          Driver airbag igniter -N95
          Resistance too high
          sporadic
          UPDATE: It came up with the above error. No big surprises there. They cleared the fault, the warning light hasn't come back on (yet), so fingers crossed.

Ck.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Forgot to update on my fault. No codes in VAG-COM...never had a fault code and its at over 153k miles.

Light still on, time for non-airbag wheel methinks.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2
              the warning light hasn't come back on (yet), so fingers crossed.
              ...and fingers uncrossed.

The light's back on.

Fsck.

Oh well.

Here we go again...

Ck.

Comment

Got used to my light now...don't even notice it anymore. Is there any chance my bag could go off at the most inappropriate moment? Like mid slippery corner on full opposite lock??? If yes, I am ripping the thing out!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                  Is there any chance my bag could go off at the most inappropriate moment? Like mid slippery corner on full opposite lock??? If yes, I am ripping the thing out!
                  Apparently not - if a fault is detected they "fail safe". Effectively this means that they don't fire if you hit something, rather than going off at random.

Ck.

Comment

I guess it stays in then.....for now.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                      I guess it stays in then.....for now.
                      I know that feeling!

Is there any way of clearing fault codes (well... that one at least) without having to hook up to VAG-COM or similar?

Ck.

Comment

Doesn't pulling the ECU fuses clear fault codes ?
                        Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Disconnecting the battery for more than 30 seconds normally does it for me.
                          SS

Comment

Working...
                          X