Help looking for HID kit for ur s6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help looking for HID kit for ur s6

Hello as above can anyone recommend a kit or where to get one from for my s6 and if you have any problems once fitted. Cheers

Originally posted by slim100s4 View Post
    Hello as above can anyone recommend a kit or where to get one from for my s6 and if you have any problems once fitted. Cheers
    Lots of folks on my side of the pond using VVME HID conversion kits. Stay around 4600K maybe 5000K not higher. Check if you need H1 or 9006 bulbs for the low (dipped) bulbs.

http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-kit-99/
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I got a cheap chinese kit with 10k bulbs. Has worked fine for 4yrs the blue tint is bemusing as everyone gets out your way at night thinking you're the plod. But truth be told keep meaning to fit 6k bulbs which are the purest white and therefore also give the best vision range.
      Last edited by JP; 12 February 2012, 22:55.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
        I got a cheap chinky kit with 10k bulbs. Has worked fine for 4yrs the blue tint is bemusing as everyone gets out your way at night thinking you're the plod.
        Driving around with blue head lights is a sure way to get the plod to pull you over for a chat. With luck, one of them will be of Asian decent and you can discuss the inappropriate use of ethnic terms with him.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Have to say I have been lucky in the last 4yrs. Most people also wonder how I have no points on my license either. As for derogatory terms coming from a multicultural background that's light hearted compared to what we say in person to each other however for those that don't know me edited
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
            But truth be told keep meaning to fit 6k bulbs which are the purest white and therefore also give the best vision range.
            It also reflects the best off of snow, rain, etc.
            That's why fogs are usually closer to 3000k, and why OEM's tend to use 4300k.
            In bad visibility, 4300k is better, and that's usually when you most need the higher light output.

It also has the added bonus of looking pretty much the same as most other cars with halogens on the road, so with the new legislation coming in it's likely going to give the least amount of grief.

Tested this on my old S6 as well, but there the biggest problem were the lights themselves, rather than the bulbs.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
            X