Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after run water pump ?

hy.
    maybe now is not good time or weather ,for this discusion, but I searching something on ebay and saw this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-Powere...item3a702c96e7

it immediatly remind me on one little pump which is placed 20v engine bay.
    before 7 monts I pay 70euro for it. used one -of course !

what do you thing ? could that be a good replacment for stock one?

regards
    Igor

So I've driven my car very hard on cloudy overcast day. I stop the car, assuming that the solar-powered afterun pump will save my engine and turbo after I turn the engine off. BUT, no, there isn't enough sunlight to get the pump to go. That was quite the bargain then wasn't it.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

dont think it was on the basis of solar power, more like would the pump be able to do the job of replacing the oem bosch one....
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
        dont think it was on the basis of solar power, more like would the pump be able to do the job of replacing the oem bosch one....
        what do you thing? could they replace stock one? 35$ vs 100+ $ it is not the same..

only thins is could that solar pump handle with 115C of water?.. that we have to find out.

Comment

I truly doubt that the "solar" pump would work but, hey, it might. That said, for my UrS4, I would put my trust (and money) on a Bosch product. There are some alternatives in the Auxiliary After-run pump post in this Engine Bay Device Map (click on the link and then on the After-run pump label on the upper right side of the diagram):

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

That pump looks S H I T!

It cannot possibly be engineered to do the same job as the Bosch afterrun pump. Leave well alone and buy the right part would be my advice.

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X