Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic of my relocated battery and box:

Nothing special.

Was so happy that one of my ideas actually worked with eases for once. Battery box just fit.

Cheers
    Josh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Mighty strange battery that Josh, what is it? something special?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside

Nothing special.

Was so happy that one of my ideas actually worked with eases for once. Battery box just fit.

Cheers
      Josh
      What did you do with the wiring??
      replaced them or made them longer?
      If made longer how did you make a relayable connection?
      No power, no glory!
      S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Nice work, Josh. Where did you find that flexible braided negative cable...I surely want that for my battery in the boot. Can you trim that braided stuff?

S2carlo, I don't know exactly how Josh wired his, but I simply wired my battery directly to the starter and left all my other cabling in place. After the winter, I will redo all the wiring with a little distribution block up front.
        I didn't add any relay's either...I just utilized the factory relays since they were there.
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

That's exactly what i've got planned. The battery in the 3B is too high up in the chassis, and it takes up valuable space under the bonnet. An Optima Yellow Top is on it’s way.
          SS

Comment

You can get all your car cables here.

David, Josh's battery looks like an Optima YellowTop. Not cheap. However, there are alternatives.
            acidtrax

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
              Nice work, Josh. Where did you find that flexible braided negative cable...I surely want that for my battery in the boot. Can you trim that braided stuff?

S2carlo, I don't know exactly how Josh wired his, but I simply wired my battery directly to the starter and left all my other cabling in place. After the winter, I will redo all the wiring with a little distribution block up front.
              I didn't add any relay's either...I just utilized the factory relays since they were there.

Hi guys

The braided wire I got through Pioneer Mac truck accesories. They are cheap I think I paid like $5.00 for it. If you wanted one I could buy another and mail it to you. That is if you paided for it and shipping. Shortening it? Might be possible But I am not sure. But If you can find a Trucker's store you probably find something to your liking there.

The cable is 2 gauge welding cable.

You could use this as a ground also. Soldier some ends on it and attach it to the body. I might do that at some point if I get bored since I have the match battery terminal for the power and ground.

The 2 gauge wire runs to a power distributor behind the spare wheel where it powers my amp and then from there it goes to another power distributor which powers the aux relay panel aka (position L30). Then from that power distributor it goes to the starter. 2 gauge from the back all the way to the front.

Yes the Optima battery are expensive. I paid $180 for mine and I paid $100 for the battery box(us dollars). The starter can turn over all the way down to 10vs which is really nice right now while I have been struggling with some wire issuses with my engine swap.

Cheers
              josh
              I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside
                Yes the Optima battery are expensive. I paid $180 for mine and I paid $100 for the battery box(us dollars). The starter can turn over all the way down to 10vs which is really nice right now while I have been struggling with some wire issuses with my engine swap.
                $180!! I'm looking at a £180 bill for mine. Don't forget to use a decent fuse near the battery. You don’t want to weld your cable to your chassis by accident!
                SS

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense

The Braided negative cable, I bought it at our car parts shop. They stored several lengths complete with terminals on both sides. Costs next to nothing

The wiring: on my batterie there is the startercable (direct to startmotor) and the cabeling for the rest of the car.
                  The startercable I can imagine it cna be "replaced" but how about the other wiring? This should be , whats the word.... made longer.
                  No power, no glory!
                  S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Originally posted by s2carlo
                    The Braided negative cable, I bought it at our car parts shop. They stored several lengths complete with terminals on both sides. Costs next to nothing

The wiring: on my batterie there is the startercable (direct to startmotor) and the cabeling for the rest of the car.
                    The startercable I can imagine it cna be "replaced" but how about the other wiring? This should be , whats the word.... made longer.

you can get power distributors.

Thats a 4 gauge to 8 gauge power distributor. There are all kinds of options.

Cheers
                    Josh

Comment

nice... it fit!!

Comment

Originally posted by brinskan
                        nice... it fit!!
                        Yups. I have the money now to finish the car too.

Hopefully By the end of the week i am going to take it for a test drive.

Laters
                        Josh

Comment

Working...
                        X